7.09.2011

O MANN was I excited to hear about the new coaching sitch!

I am writing from Camp Orkila on Orcas Island after having just completed 1 week of water front safety training, 2 weeks of staff training, 3 backpacking trips, 5 days of kayaking, 5 days of biking, and my first week with campers. Including a total of 4 3:00 am wake ups to catch tides and amazing sunrises from Mt. Constitution. I had some very unhappy, groggy, and saddle sore 13 year-old campers scampering up a trail in the dark. Much like we feel in the SUB after an awesome practice, these guys thought they were pretty Bad Ass too and were quick to share their feats upon return to camp.

O..And guess who I saw at a camp ground on Lopez Island of all places? Erica Kercher! She was getting ready for a group of outward bound participants to show up for a kayaking trip. it was a nice little ROOH-union.

Any who...life out here is great! Kids are great. Oceans are pretty. Bikes are fun. Hills are hard. Sysco brand camp food is not tasty.

Can't wait to see all of you! Keep movin those muscles.
and...(if only because it gives me a little chill to read in team emails)
Go Get Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment