7.25.2010

Aloha!!!

At this very moment I'm peeling lika very colorful lizard. Skin is a very amazing thing. Kinda mind blowing actually. Yes, I got my 3rd-in-my-life worst sunburn. But is was worth it cuz I was in HAWAII!!! Last week I gotta go join my friend Grace up in Oahu where she's interning at SeaLife park and we had a blast. I decided that "when I grow up" I wanna live somewhere tropical and it's only 14 days to Hawaii by kayak. And you all are big, beefy roohers so I expect you to visit me in 12 days max. I'll be coxing you in spirit.
So first day we hung out on the beach like typical tourists and made a rad sandcastle (you're never too old to make one of those...moat and all), and went wave bobbing (salt water+nose=spew), and watched hot surfer dudes and saw lil "squishies" (think finding nemo) all over the sand washed up just waiting for a stray foot to sting. I also decided that sushi should be a food group in its own and we need to have more bonding experiences at Sushi Revolution in Tacoma.
We went snorkeling and I saw soooo many fish of all colors and shapes and sizes and I felt like a lil kid I was so excited. But it took me a while to figure out the mask and breathing tube thingamajiger...My fav fish is the parrot fish and I chased it all round the reef trying to get a pic of it. I also saw Gill and Dory and they send their love to y'all. Later that night we went into Honolulu and joined the night life a bit and watched Inception. My mind was blown. "Fall over, DAMN IT!!!" If you don't know what I mean, watch it. We also went sea kayaking in the bay that bred hammerhead sharks, running on the beach (calves!!!!), and hiking up to this lil lighthouse that was so beautiful and cuuuuute. ;) Pretty much I didn't wanna leave.
But I had to leave eventually cuz Alex came to visit this weekend!!! I had a blast showing him around ma homefront and hanging with the fam and riding carosels and floating down rivers and kicking his butt in a cherry pit spit contest and other such nonsense. :) And now he's gonna spend his next month backpacking and white water canoeing in Canada. Epic.
I just realized that I will be back at the Puge in less than a month!!! You have no clue how much I am trying to contain my excitement right now to see you all and have a reROOHnification. Ok loooooove to you all!!!
Peace and blessings,
Word,
Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment