7.13.2010

I ♥ B-ham

Hellllo women of the oar!

My summer has been wild and gone by so fast, kinda like summer camp!

I'm up in beautiful Bellingham, WA living and working with my best friend from home, Rachel.  We work 8 hours a day, and 10 on Wednesdays at the Youth Migrant Project in the Skagit Valley, with Mexican migrant children.  Our job consists of mass-assembling lunches and snacks, handing them out, playing games with lots of rowdy kids, making 800 hotdogs once a week, and organizing an entire sub-program to feed 700 kids a week and spending lots of time in the sunshine! And to top it off, the Skagit Valley is a beautiful place to work--vast farmland nestled between the North Cascades and the San Juan Islands.

Bellingham life is, although limited, very fun!  Rachel and I have been doing sunset yoga in the park, lots of crafts in the sun, hiking the beautiful area, and I've been exploring my temporary town and loving it's hippie-granola feel.  I've also learned that Bellingham sunsets are to die for, as the city is set upon a hill facing west... perfect for sunset watching!



Finally, my house is hilarious.  Rachel and I live with a group of sarcastic, fun-loving, and loud lacrosse girls who love to cook, drink, and paint.  And of course, the man of the house is MOOSE.  Moose is Rachel's Holland Lop bunny who is the cutest thing on this planet.  He's sitting in my lap right now!


Hope all is well in every place this is being read!

Yip! Yip! Yip!

Teddi


2 comments:

  1. oh my god... i think i might actually die because of how cute that bunny is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddiiiiiiiii. This is precious.
    I miss seeing your face.
    Bellingham sounds wonderful--I do love granola.. and hippies--I'm sure I'd love the place!
    SUNSETS! you MUST post more pictures!

    ReplyDelete