6.21.2011

Sorry I have been so lame...

Just to update you all on my life!
1)I miss you all soosososo much! I miss you like peanut butter misses jelly...like the desert misses the rain...like it is summer and you are snow...I miss you like hip misses hop...I miss you like a rower misses her oars! So to summarize i miss all of you and there is nothing quite like waking up before the !@# crack of dawn to row with you all.
2) I am working in an orthopedic Surgeons office as an intern/training to becoming a surgical technician. So far I remove casts, staples, and sutures, put on casts, take historys, clean, and assist in any other way I can. Tomorrow I go into surgery for the first time; I believe it is an ACL repair. Hopefully soon i will be able to assist with surgery but the hospital is not being cool about that part...I am also auditing a human physiology and anatomy class at CSU-Pueblo. It does not compare at all to our school! for the first 4 weeks it was taught by student (I was flabbergasted). So basically I am busy as ever which is why i have not posted on the google doc or the blog. I will try to be better about it and post right after I work out. I should be better now that I am getting into a routine with my job and class.
3) so here is the bad news...My knees hurt like hell. It has gone to the point where it hurts to not only walk, but run, sit, lay down and stand. They ache all the time with occasional shooting pains along my medial and lateral collateral ligaments. But the good thing is I work for an Orthopedic surgeon. So he is going to check them out and get me right on the way to recovery. This could mean anything from a cortisone shot or full out knee replacement (cross your fingers that this is not the case). As far as I can tell from patients with similar symptoms/descriptions of pain it has something to do with my cartilage breaking down or wearing out/ something along the lines of cartilage.
4) seeing as my knees are hurting me so much i want to try and work on alot of core stuff so if everyone can let me know their top 10 favourite core workouts i would love you forever (not that I don't already love you all forever)

I hope everyone is having an awesome summer!Mwah! lots of love
Banana

2 comments:

  1. Jeeesus! you sound like a busy bee. and the orthopedic surgery thing sounds SO COOL! what an experience.
    sorry to hear about your knee. when you're choosing your treatment make sure you think about all of the options. i know cortisone shots have their downsides too. man good luck i hope that everything works out from one injured rower to another.
    my ten favorite ab exercies:
    leg lifts
    marsa bikes
    planks (not my favorite but i do it every day :P)
    lizards
    flutter kicks
    turtle grabbers (ask me on facebook if you don't know what that one is)
    russian flower pickers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked with him today and I am so stoked to let you know that no shots or surgery! hurrah! I was fearing the worst, but I do have some minor chondromalacia in my right knee and my left knee possibly has a floating piece behind my patella. But he said as for the pain that can be fixed with patella alignment splints which i am getting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete