5.24.2010

Adventures!

Hi Lovelies!

It seems so long ago that we were all together, and I miss you all! It's so weird that it was just a few weeks ago that we were in California, and things already seem really different (not necessarily in a bad or good way, just a different way).

Anywho. I just got back from my four day backpacking trip for Outdoor Leadership Experience (a.k.a. making fitness a part of my identity), and I had a total blast. We hiked on the gorgeous coast off of the Olympic National Park, navigating tide crossings, climbing over huge rocks, and scurrying up ladders on the sides of cliffs. I shared sleeping bags with Gerad and some other lovely people, cooked chocolate chip pancakes in the rain, and ended up getting evaluated as a primary leader (the highest rating) for PSO and Passages trips next year. This means that I will be hounding you all to come on my trips next year!!!

I'm squatting in one of the nationals training houses with Hannah, Mariah, and Kenzie currently until my lease starts in June, and tomorrow I start working full time at Admissions, so my summer schedule will begin in earnest next week, when I move into my house. For now, I sort of feel like I'm in limbo, and I've had very little time for anything personal (before OLE I had a three day Wilderness First Aid course that took up a ton of time), but I'm ready to start outlining goals and getting into a routine for the summer, so here are my goals:

1) Complete a sprint triathlon (hopefully in August with Kenzie!)
2) Do something active every day (even if it's just a quick bike ride or walk down to the water)
3) Run, erg, or do something equally physically demanding five days a week
4) Cook a lot, and cook healthy
5) Go on an outdoors trip every 2-3 weeks

Well, I love and miss you all and hoep that you're all having wonderful starts to your summers!

2 comments:

  1. We can compare backpacking adventures, although you already have a head-start and apparently everyone else realizes you are amazing too. Congrats on the great OLE feedback! I will look forward to being in one of your PSO adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I shared sleeping bags with many people*" woah there Irene, I can't tell you what to do but just remember the pregnancy pact we all made with Erika-to not get pregnant
    ANYhoo I'm planning on coming on all of your PSO trips next year, just a heads up
    *not a direct quote

    ReplyDelete