5.24.2010

Hi!!!!

Hi guys! I miss you all and I am so happy that Lindsay has brilliantly created this blog! It is nice to hear what you are up to-- Irene, I am impressed with your studly backpacking adventures, and Toni, Lindsay, Kayla, Jovia, etc. I am impressed with your goals/bike rides/fitness. Reading about what you have to say is keepin' me motivated throughout my own workouts.

It has been beautiful here in California. I have just been enjoying the sun/mexican food/beach since I have been home while preparing to leave to work at a camp on June 1st. I have surfed twice since I've been home, and I've gone on several beach runs. I have also gone to this hilarious dance class that a local yoga studio offers. It's called "Nia" and it integrates a ton of dance styles. Initially, I thought that I was showing up for a yoga class, but I was very surprised when a flamboyant instructor with his head-mike walked in and ordered us to start doing "shimmies." Although my friends and I have had a difficult time controlling our laughter ( we are easily the youngest people in the class), it has actually been a nice,fun supplement to my tougher workouts. I can't wait to show you guys some of my new moves-- all you have to do is ask ;).

Anyways, I got a camera today so I should be able to post some pics from the camp where I will be working at soon. I'll be there all summer, but I have about four days off between each week-long session consecutively throughout the summer so I have planned some trips. I hope to stay with Lindsey in Santa Monica for a weekend, and I'll also be going on a four-day backpacking trip with my best friend, her dad, and my dad in mammoth in August. My friend is getting married in June (soooo exciting) so I'm pumped for that, and I'll also be taking a trip up to San Francisco between sessions.

That was a lot of writing--sorry. Love you and keep me updated!

-Allie Cole!

No comments:

Post a Comment