5.24.2010

ROOH without yOOH...

is not quite rooh at all :(

Despite the fact that Katie, Lindsay, and I (Kenzie) really miss you all, we're trying to have a good time (and succeeding for the most part). This is our schedule:

5:15am - Wake up in the morning feeling like p-diddy
5:30 - Brush our teeth with a bottle of jack
5:40 - Fieldhouse
6 - Practice
9 - Return
9:30 - Eat
movies, online television, facebook stalk
12 - Eat
movies, online television, facebook stalk
12 - Eat
6 - Eat
movies, online television, facebook stalk
12 - Eat
9pm - Sleepy time, she comes
REPEAT!

Obviously, it's a very riveting schedule/life we've got going on (that would be much better with you guys!). Anywho, we've got one more practice tomorrow and then we're shipping out to sacramento wednesday morning!

For those of you haven't heard, Katie and Hannah are officially racing in a pair! They (especially Katie) are scared shitless, despite Marsa describing the race as "fun." They have one more practice at home (hopefully- if Becky can come...) and they're hoping to get up to full slide tomorrow! Because a half slide "spare pair" race wouldn't necessarily be "fun" (hahahahhaha). Needless to say, it should be interesting :)

I've been riding in the launch for the most part, but I did get to cox the cran beaut and the rooh!! I'm learning a lot in the launch, but i'm still not a fan of the cold and rain (obviously...). Both Ashley and I are going to get cox evals soon, and depending on the results one of us will be chosen to be the alternate and the other will go as a team manager. I'll keep you posted :) Other than that, it's just really funny to hear marsa's "launch talk" as she calls it, because she swears a lot and its just hilarious. I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!



LINDSAY HERE, so it's been quite a whirlwind, emotionally and... the other kind? Haha. Emotional challenges: being away from everyone... completely! Not just for practice like it was before... It's quite hard. But, having the other ex-novies here has been great. Mariah and I are in the Rooh, she's 7-seat and I'm 2-seat (we're each other's opposite!). Kenzie did a great job coxing the Cran Beaut when I was in it, and the Rooh as well. Yeah, that's right, I rowed in the CB for a few practices.. we were doing mixed boats so everyone got to feel what it was like; and it was EPIC. I loved it. But I love the Rooh, it's a really great boat and we all work really well together. It's been amazing.
I feel so stir crazy! Marsa doesn't want us to do any extraneous workouts, so we're gonna go walk around the mall in a bit. Get FroYo and shtuff. Yeah, be jealous. But I get to go home Saturday night. That's another crazy thing... We'll be done done with the season THIS Saturday. I know you all must be feeling it already... that weird vacancy.. the void! I'm def not looking forward to Sunday... it's gonna be WEIRD. Roohly Weird. BUT, as said earlier, one last practice tomorrow! and then SACRAMENTO BOUND! (In bball we used to call it Mento, hah!) So yeah.. California, here we comeeeee. Apparently it'll be live on NCAA.com (somewhere...)
LOVE YOU ALL.

BREAKING NEWS!!!
Kenzie just told me it'll be on TV: June 19! "at like 4 pm" BE THERE.

Here's Katie:

Well.... I do not have Lindsay's way with words, but I thought I'd chime in give my 2¢. But to sum it all up Kenzie's been launchin' it up, Lindsay's been Rooh'n it up, and I've been ergin' it up. Oo ya. Erika always talked about how there is just a different feeling on Varsity- the bubbles, the boat run and such (which is true, I was in the Rooh one day) but there is a difference erging on Varsity too. Eh. But it's been good. It's cool to have new and interesting workouts! (Sense the excitement)

Anyhoo, text me on Thursday sometime and I will compile a text list to send live updates from Nat's! (Kenzie will have to take over for my race)


Well the world of wonders we call the Tacoma Mall is calling to us. A Woo Woo!

Miss You Loads,
Kalinzatie

C'Bperf

<--Lindsay saying something equivalent to Perf

2 comments:

  1. this makes me happy since it was such a collaboration!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHOUT OUT TO MARIAH KATE AND HANNAH LOUISE WHO ARE ALSO EX-NOVIES HERE

    ReplyDelete