6.16.2010

32 days down

God, how I miss everyone. I forgot about Lindsay creating a little blog for us and I’m happy I was goofing off with my email because I found it. Life in Mass is dull. We have no mountain. We have no lake. We have no bald eagles. But we do have a river and until last week it was fully buoyed for the UMass Lowell crew team’s weekend regattas. I watched them once and realized that rowing is not something I can watch. I wanted to put on my trou and my tank and get out there. A bit more than two months and I’ll be able to. I never though I’d want vacation to end so badly.

In workout news I joined a gym and am doing that 5 days a week with a friend of mine. Let me tell you working out with a non-crewer is not easy. I don’t know why but when you tell a normal person that pain is just a part of the workout and that even though your brain tells you to stop you tell it to shut up and keep going they just stare at you. I miss the encouragement and the feeling of knowing that the person beside me knows exactly what I’m going through. Our little family has grown on me. I can only imagine what year two is going to bring. Varsity, whoa.

Anyway, I’ve been staying busy. My dad is currently building a shed which means I’m trying to keep him from injuring himself with a power tool every weekend. When it’s done I’ll put up a picture so you guys can see my carpentry skill or lack of it. And I got a new puppy. His name is Rudy, he is 2 and ½ pounds and he’s a min-pin. I’ll get a video of him up soon. But that’s my exciting life without rowing. Honestly I have no idea what I spent my summers doing now that I workout. I imagine I just watched a whole lot of daytime talk shows.

1 comment:

  1. I giggled a few times while reading this... And a little more than giggled over the power tools comment. Also, your puppy sounds like the cutest.

    ReplyDelete