6.19.2010

hello hello

Someone (love you Lindsay Hammond) posted on my facebook that I hadn't posted anything on here so here goes...
Lets see. The sun has yet to come out in Portland (Katie and I are both a little sad). Although on a side note the strawberries are coming in and they are so fantastic it blows my mind. My dad made a strawberry pie last night (and then homemade whipped cream on top, so necessary) and it was so amazing it blew my mind. I am waiting for summer, tragically, it just is not coming. Every night I do my sun/summer dance so I am hoping that will do the trick and we will get some nice weather at least before the 4th of July.
The last few weeks I have been laying low. After a lengthy job hunt, I found a job at a summer art camp that starts in July and I am pretty thrilled about that (not to mention that it is close to maddies house, which automatically makes it fantastic). In the mean time, I am just doing my own thing. Summer is great because I get to play with a lot of different things and ideas, but I have been doing lots of drawing and painting. Also I have painted a lot of shoes in the last few weeks and thats been super fun.
Its been really amazing being home because I get to spend time with mads. Its really nice to be able to actually see her when we talk or to jump in the car and be there in 15 min. But we are both looking for an escape from Portland soon. If the warm weather ever came the beach or the mountains would be amazing (must get back to that sun dance).
Other then that I try to hit the gym a lot. Its been really hard because I am not getting stronger (and that depresses me, almost as much as not working out with all of you does) but I am working with the doctors (and taking many many vitamins) praying that we can figure out what is wrong with me. Until they do, I am just hitting the cardio and the weights (and then a delightful nap after).
I miss you all so much and you should call or text me if you are ever passing through Portland (or the Portland area) because I would love a mini reunion :)
And/or call/text any time just to catch up.
xoxo
erin

3 comments: