6.01.2010

I MISS THE ERG ROOM

Today I attempted to do my first 2k at home by myself and without anyone pushing me but me. WORST IDEA EVER.
I know 'self motivation' and all that but seriously. I felt like today everything was stacking up against me
first i had planned to do it at like 8 in the morning...
my phone dies and my alarm doesn't go off... i guess that's what i get for not setting 5 alarms...sorry erika :P
So i wake up at 11 go eat and get ready to go. i get to the gym go into the gym... forget my wallet. drive back home. get my wallet. drive back to the gym, get into the gym
i'm warming up on the erg and my ipod dies.
no music = not a happy erg-er
I almost decided to just give up go for a run and try this again later
but then i say suck it up and just do it
and i start, it's going alright
and then it happens right around the first 500 meters down
a very large man sits down on the erg next to me and attempts to erg and fails miserably
he is very sweaty
very smelly
and very very very grunt-a-licious
no exaggeration at about second 14 this is what he looked like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgs8qQkE_FE

that was the last straw. my mind was gone. my split dropped like 10 seconds and i just like had to stop. it was too much.
now i'm frustrated with myself while i sit here watching extreme home make over (its on in the puget sound area!) because i wish i hadn't let it get to me. But i'm slowly seeing how nice having a room where we could go and erg and not be distracted was. my ergs are in like the section with treadmills and other like work out equipment and facing the basketball courts, and it's so easy to look around and find something else to distract me.
another weird thing is that I've never done a 2k without either a coxswain or someone erging right next to me.
that moment when i stopped erging i realized
1 how much i miss you guys
2 how much having everyone there with me makes me better
3 what the team mentality really means for me
It's hard for me to push myself just for me
but if it's for you guys, in the boat, in a race or if its for us, on the ergs, in the erg room, I can push it so much harder. So I know where i need to work now. My mental toughness and being able to push for me.
and also coxswains. I don't know if annika is involved in this but i know kenzie reads occasionally, you guys really do do a lot for me when i'm erging. If you ever think that you're not helping eject that thought from your head because you telling me to push harder is always that little something extra that helps me
i love you guys and miss you all so much
and don't worry
i'm not letting it get the best of me because i'm going to bed early and i'm going to go try my 2k again later this week. I'm gunna get it and i'm gunna kill it
ps. FIRST POST OF JUNE :D dibs
done
okay
bye :P

1 comment: