6.16.2010

Running With Bear Spray

It is official. I am living in the most densely populated bear area in the united states. Alaskans eat your heart out. My manager told me that Many Glacier was the place so it must be true. Although my manager also told me to drop out of school so I don't know whether I should REALLY trust him.

COXSWAINS: I have no Idea how you can do it so consistently. Docking a boat is, no joke, the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I've been close to tears it is so frustrating.

Luckily I am surrounded by mountains, beauty, bears, and a great crew of boat captains. Seven of us are living in a house together. (sound familiar anyone?...). Yesterday night I watched a mama moose and her calf for what seemed like forever. they're amazing. I saw two grizzly cubs in our driveway. I was way to scared to stick around for their mama. But the area is great! We take the tour boat across the lake as our commute every morning.

Jovia, I can sort of commiserate with you. Tourists can be bitches, although I have dealt with the annoying ones by making fun of them. We've started a stupid question log. Some old men think they are being super funny when they say, "What? A WOMAN driving the boat?"

I have a new address for a post office that is a lot closer to Many Glacier, just in case the postcards are coming... *wink wink* You can send it to my PO in kila too it will just take longer to get to me. The new one is PO Box 689 Babb, MT 98411

4 comments:

  1. I got your postcard and will be sending one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a funny story about bear spray. i know that's a horrible way to start a story but don't worry :P
    my friend kelsey and i were talking and i was like well yea and then we had bear spray
    and she was like did you use it?
    and i said well no since we didn't see any
    and she goes... WAIT! you don't use it like bug spray?
    and i just laughed for like 10 minutes. glad i could tell her that you in fact do not spray yourself with bear spray to keep the bears away. glad i could tell her that before something bad happened

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Gaelyn don't worry bout the frustratedness in docking boats. It's a bitch. But I'm sure you'll master it. And then you can give me tips. :) If something bad happens though just laugh at yourself. Believe me I was laughing (or attempting to laugh) a lot. ;) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete