6.27.2010

A Post from Eryn!!!!!!

Hello to all of you all the way from Ecuador! I'm back here this summer interning with the organization that I volunteered with last spring for 4 months. It has been great! Most of the kids are still here (besides the ones who graduated of course) and it's great to see them again! Last year I was just at one school but this year since I'm an intern I get to go to all three schools that we work in and meet all the kids.

I dont have my own class this year, I mostly just help out with the kids that are giving their teachers trouble and filling in where needed. A couple weeks ago that meant taking grades 4, 5, 6, and 7. All at once. definitely a challenge but good fun! Last week and this coming week are the graduations at all three schools (chicken head soup at one school last week and sheep blood soup at another one on Tuesday...) and then summer school starts! I've been doing a lot of work getting all the plans ready for summer school and now we're finally wrapping them all up! sort of... mostly...

It's been neat to get to see the whole administrative side of things as well. And live in the GVI house with the other intern and director. Only 2.5 more weeks though, and then back way up north to the AK. It's all gone by so fast!

Sounds like you all are enjoying your summers (for the most part at least...) and getting nice and ripped!
Keep enjoying your summers!
Miss you all!
Eryn

No comments:

Post a Comment