6.02.2010

Start it off with a Pun

Inspired by Jovia: ROOHnited we stand.. or, uh, erg.
Yeyuhh. My friend texted me last night for ideas for a title for his proposed "morning breakfast music show"... I sent him a list.. here are some favorites: Awake 'n' Bake'n (or Bacon), Rock n Breakfast Rolls, and Jamm'n Toast... bahahah. I crack myself up..

So far, I've slept in til 8 am.. gone on a hike, ran, biked, and elliptical'd, ab'd, walked on the beach for 1.5 hours with my mom and her 2 friends, and I'm headed to Yoga at 10 am. I recommend Yoga for anyone looking for something to supplement their aerobic workouts.. You really get a good stretch in and you build strength with your own body weight... can you say pushups and squats, here we come?! =]

On another note... I was suddenly hit with the problem facing many of us college returnees while at home for the summer: WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO? We can't find a group of friends to have a dance party with as easily as at the Puge, and well, let's face it... WE HAVE NO MONEY. If you've been to LA, you may have noticed... you need two things: Money and, if under 21, a fake ID. My best friend Cailynn and I decided long ago we would forego the sketch IDs and just wait it out. With one year to go, we are struggling. No good under 21 night scene exists. In fact, it's just plain hard to do ANYthing we haven't already done the last 14 summers that we've known each other...

SO I had an idea. You all know I love writing; I have a self-professed "way with words."

I am going to "Drink my way through LA."
That's right. I'm going to record my experiences of being under 21 and going out for drinks... of the coffee and tea variety, that is. There are so many amazing coffee shops around, and I always go and meet strangers and connect with them via very interesting conversations. So that's what my plan is for this summer... I want to visit a few coffee shops a week and eventually turn it into a book, or a guide, or SOMEthing.
I'll try to keep you posted as I Drink my way through a potentially monotonous summer of runs, hikes, and ergs. =]

Love love love you all.
P.S. Gaelyn, my mom and dad were in Seattle (coming home from their Alaskan cruise [btw they loved Alaska!]) and they went to various components of FolkLife!!! hahah.
P.P.S. My mom looks for boyfriends for me (as a joke) and we've given them all numbers (none of which we keep track of) that correspond with the numerical order in which we meet them and the label "prom date," e.g. she met Prom Date # 73 on a tour in Alaska. He had a boyfriend. My dad overheard.
Oh well!
=]

PEACE AND BLESSINGS.
btw... this is great. he's a champ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

1 comment:

  1. i wouuld soooooooooooooo buy that book!!! thats so cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete