6.30.2010

reCREWtment

Hey Buds,
So lately my mom has been nagging me, hah imagine that, I'm sure none of your moms do that ever, but she was concerned that we would have to go back to school early for crew to workout or recrewt or somwthing but I did some research and found out that reCREWtment (i wonder how many times i can write that in my post) starts something like the second week of school. However, after all of my nosing around and shrugging-off my mom's questioning about it I realized that I have already started my reCREWtment process:
As some of ya'll know (and as some of ya'll don't know) I am working at my neighborhood pool teaching swim lessons, a great job because I get to mess around all day and get a one-piece tan line (you will all get to experience my uuuber-white belly and mixed up tan lines first hand in september) also it's great because I get to be active which is great for me (since fitness is a part of my identity). Anyways my friend at the pool, Pauline, just finished her first year at Humbolt and as per usual all I talk about is crew and have recently convinced her to do crew next year there!!! She'll be a novice her sophomore year so we won't actually race her but it'll be fun to have a familiar face at regattas, hopefully she won't be too good so we can beat them next year!!
But also my friend Sahalie who graduated the same year as me from high school but at a different school in portland [Lincoln--(that's a refrence for you erin)] and she worked at the pool last year and we would talk about how we both just got accepted to UPS, however she deferred for a year to travel and is starting her freshman year in the fall, but we were talking about how I converted Pauline to Crew and Sahalie said that she was thinking of doing crew next year at UPS!!
..so as you can see from my characteristically long-winded story, I have already started reCREWting and I can't wait until we get back in the fall and get to do it together on campus!
I can remember going to the first information meeting about crew in Jones103 i think it was, anyways that big auditorium style class and seeing all of the varsity girls sitting in front and laughing and hugging and goofing around and telling jokes and I thought to myself, wow, I want to be one of them and I just can't believe that it will be us in just two short months!
Just can't wait for our reCREWnion (didn't work so well) and reCREWtment and to see ROOH ALL soon!!!
love love love KT

No comments:

Post a Comment